NurflugelBlog

The NurflugelBlog is a place where I can vent my spleen about pretty much anything that crosses my mind. Politics, religion, those annoying little indignities we all have to put up with - I have plenty to say about them.

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I'm going to Germany!

OK, so it's been a long while since I posted...

I'm going to Germany for surgery on the 19th of November!

It's a little cheaper than I thought - Euro 30,320 for two discs. Add in airfare ($930), hotel, food, medicine, cervical brace, and it's about $50,000. Aren't home equity loans great?

I don't know which was more disturbing, how easy it was to get a home equity loan through my credit union, or wiring $42,000 overseas as easily as depositing a check. I'm just not used to that much money flowing around.

Total time in Germany will be two weeks - gotta get there a few days early, admission the day before surgery, and a 3-4 day stay after surgery. Then, stay in Straubing (80 km NE of Munich) another 5-7 days afterwards before flying home.

My local surgeon's been very good, helping me get the needed X-rays and bone density scans. Now, I just have to get my physician's approval for surgery and some blood tests (but I'll bet he breaks out the rubber glove first, it's been a while...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home