NurflugelBlog

The NurflugelBlog is a place where I can vent my spleen about pretty much anything that crosses my mind. Politics, religion, those annoying little indignities we all have to put up with - I have plenty to say about them.

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, November 26, 2007

Free at last, free at last, free at last!

I'm out! Free of the hospital, free of the dreaded 3 pieces of bread for breakfast and dinner (although lunch was usually good), free of being woken up at 6:00 AM for blood pressure checks and then left for an hour before breakfast...

It wasn't really bad, but hey, it's a hospital - that's what they do. If the food was fantastic, you'd want to stay.

So, we've moved into the Hotel Seethaler, right on the Theresientor Plaza. It's in a 500 year old building, and in the Seethaler family since 1900. No elevators, but great rooms, with a view of the plaza, with the Christmas Market in full swarm. Double windows, each double-paned makes it completely silent. Closets! Places for clothes! Clocks! All the things the Hotel Asam lacked, and much cheaper. Plus, it's not a frigging half mile walk to a restaurant outside the hotel (gotta admit though, the Hotel Asam's restaurant was very, very good).

I'm going for walks around the area, doing OK if they're short, but get tired pretty quick. The Christmas Market was pretty cool - lots of food, stuff to buy, lots of people. Hot, spiced wine is very popular (glugwein, I think it's called). Not my cup of tea...

Pretty cold and windy today, not really great for wandering around. Supposed to be a bit warmer later in the week, and sunny. Mom's hoping for snow, and she might get it, according to the forecast.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear everything went well, albeit with temporary nasal discomfort, and that you're out of the hospital. The town you're staying in sounds nice, markets and all. Now I wish I'd planned to visit Sweden for Christmas.

I wonder how close what you had is to Glögg... which reminds me; I've got to get some from IKEA for the holidays.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great to hear everything is OK, Doug.

Mike Priest

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I red all Your story about the surgery. My name is Sonia, 35 years old and I have almost the same problem as you had and now I am looking for a hospital in Germany. I have disc protrusion with myelopathie on C3-4, but the only symptom I have is finger/hand tingling, that is why is so hard for me to realize what Is happening.Please, tell me how do You feel today and would you recommend the same hospital to me.
Thank you in advance for Your answer and understandig! Best regards! Sonia
soniadk@abv.bg

2:35 PM  
Blogger Douglas Bullard said...

I’m doing well.

X-rays have shown that the joints above and below my surgery are in various stages of degeneration, but that’s not unexpected. The joints with the implants are doing well.

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home