NurflugelBlog

The NurflugelBlog is a place where I can vent my spleen about pretty much anything that crosses my mind. Politics, religion, those annoying little indignities we all have to put up with - I have plenty to say about them.

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's over...

The last session of JavaOne is done, I've had my last beer and scored my last item of swag.

Swag count: 11 T-shirts, 1 jacket (alumni gift), 1 backpack (attendee), 1 brain ("may be toxic, not for consumption" {"braiiiinsss!}) assorted pens, simulated hockey puck, flashlight (with a real bulb - I didn't know they even made those any more), and an iPod Shuffle, courtesy of JetBrains' party.

Score.

I had several good takeaways from this conference that I'll definitely use at work - stuff we need to know and will help us.

The big closeout party at Treasure Island was a bust for me - waaay too many people (you couldn't even see the food tables, I waited in line for 30 minutes and we barely moved.) The music was good, but I just got tired of the crowds and finally went back to the city. I guess I was lucky, I got right on my bus (about 9:15, so I'd been there about 90 minutes) and got back to the city. Others I talked to said they had to wait in queues for a bus over 40 minutes.

All-in-all, a good conference, but I'd prefer it if it were separate from Oracle Open World. That just sucked all the corporate attention away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home