NurflugelBlog

The NurflugelBlog is a place where I can vent my spleen about pretty much anything that crosses my mind. Politics, religion, those annoying little indignities we all have to put up with - I have plenty to say about them.

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, May 09, 2008

Speaker collapses onstage at JavaOne!

No shit, I was attending a session called "Service-Oriented
Architecture and Java", and about five minutes before Q&A, one of the
speakers collapsed onstage!

The other speaker said he'd collapsed, and we all thought they were
joking.

Then he didn't get up.

Then they kicked us out.

We don't know if this was the Norovirus or if he'd partied too hard
the night before, but it's pretty scary, nonetheless.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at that session as well...he mentioned that he was feeling "really sick" while he was doing the Flex demo.

Has anyone heard how he's doing?

10:16 AM  
Blogger Douglas Bullard said...

Norovirus isn't usually lethal unless the victim is already very weak - they'll just wish they were dead.

He'll recover.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Thanks for posting on my blog today. I just read your whole story which sounds all too familiar!! I cannot even imagine doing it AGAIN!!!!! I couldn't get the pictures to come up though.

Cheryl

2:33 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Hey Doug-

Mark Mintzer of ispine.org and global patient network is the only reason I have a top doctor here in the states to follow me. You may want to get in touch with him.



Cheryl

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home