NurflugelBlog

The NurflugelBlog is a place where I can vent my spleen about pretty much anything that crosses my mind. Politics, religion, those annoying little indignities we all have to put up with - I have plenty to say about them.

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, October 03, 2011

Keynote speakers

Some good stuff announced - Oracle is announcing it's NoSQL database today (!). Our DBAs will literally not know what to do about this. Should be fun.

Some interesting performance figures for Java 7 - some benchmarks are putting it at 3x the performance of Java 6 on Intel hadware. Free performance boosts are always good to hear. Now if I can just get a Java 7 port for OS X... they're going to announce timelines in tomorrow's "strategy" keynote. Damn, now I'll have to attend that one.

The JavaFX demos were quite good, too - they finally have tables! Some very slick integration with the browser, too - desktop full-screen applets running via Chrome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home