NurflugelBlog

The NurflugelBlog is a place where I can vent my spleen about pretty much anything that crosses my mind. Politics, religion, those annoying little indignities we all have to put up with - I have plenty to say about them.

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, January 12, 2008

"Mint Cookie Joys" are back at Trader Joe's!

Trader Joe's used to carry these fantastic cookies called "Mint Cookie Joys", made by Harry London. Dark chocolate, just the right amount of mint, crunchy cookie - totally addictive.

Then, one sad day, they no longer had them... not just out of stock, they no longer carried them.

Friends of mine would forlornly place orders direct from the manufacturer, and for a year we only had occasional relief packages.

But then, I got a call from my mother - Trader Joe's had them again - only they were packaged under the Trader Joe's label as "Dark Chocolate Mint Cookie Cheers". Hell, they can call them "Chocolate Landmines" for all I care - they're the same thing, exactly, just under Trader Joe's label (as verified by several people doing taste tests).

Sometimes things just happen right...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally remember those mint cookie joys! It became a regular weekly stop to trader joes, until they stopped carrying them. I must have ask 3 different employees if they still had them, and no one knew what I was talking about. I'll have to pick some up soon!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Douglas Bullard said...

I finally broke down and ordered them from Harry London's - got a stockpile in my garage now, should last through summer!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh, that is exciting! Have you actually seen them at Trader Joe's again?

3:54 PM  
Blogger Douglas Bullard said...

That was a holiday thing last January... go online and you can call Harry London and order them - totally worth it!

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home