NurflugelBlog

The NurflugelBlog is a place where I can vent my spleen about pretty much anything that crosses my mind. Politics, religion, those annoying little indignities we all have to put up with - I have plenty to say about them.

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Life is good... Java 7/JavaFX

Got the JDK 7 developer preview for OS X, got the JavaFX preview for OS X, looks like I'll get on the EAP list for JavaFX Scene Builder - This is going to be a GREAT tool for building UIs in JavaFX.

I saw the demo, and it was awesome - I hate editing XML files by hand, and Scene Builder does a great job of laying out your UI and creating the FXML for you.

FXML is the first UI binding language that I actually like - and this makes it better.

It really looks like Oracle is putting a lot of effort into JavaFX - I plan to start porting all my Swing apps ASAP, and see how it goes.  Now I wish I'd had a cleaner separation of UI and logic :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home