NurflugelBlog

The NurflugelBlog is a place where I can vent my spleen about pretty much anything that crosses my mind. Politics, religion, those annoying little indignities we all have to put up with - I have plenty to say about them.

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, September 23, 2013

JavaOne 2013

Been a while since I posted.

I'm at JavaOne again, listening to all things good and Java.

Much cool stuff this year - if you take away one thing from JavaOne this year, it should be "Lambas".  This is going to change the way you code, for the better.  Simpler, faster, clearer, and more concise code is the result of using lamda expressions.  Yeah, I know that you've been able to use closures in other languages, but this isn't a half-assed implementation.  Better stable and late than early and broken.

Lot of talks on JavaFX 8 - also lots of cool new stuff.  3DViewer will let you import 3D models from Maya, Wavefront, Autodesk, etc. into either FXML or Java code, with real-time previews.  VERY cool stuff.

Read more about it here:  http://oracle.com/technetwork/java

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks
Dell OptiPlex 990 Driver

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home